This weekend was absolutely perfect. Unfortunately my DSLR is huge and at home. So really the only camera I carry around with me is my iPhone. I need a bigger purse so I can carry it around more often. This weekend was fully of time spent with my boyfriend (which I cherish), out to eat dinners and times with friends.
I always attempt to read the school paper everyday. Even sometimes doing the crossword puzzle, although I have trouble finishing it.
I thought that it would be cold on Friday...I was mistaken. I ended up talking off all my cold gear and walking around in my shirt and pants.
We went to India's on Friday night and got some of the best food in the world. I love it.
Then, on Saturday, boyfriend and I ran errands...Isn't he just adorable!
Saturday Night? Sushi date. SO much goodness. I love sushi wayy too much and could drop ungodly amounts on it.
Since we were running errands all day, I felt like we sat at red lights forever.
Then we went to this cute little resturant/bar called Chelsea's too see these two "Southern Rock" bands play. I loved them and so did Boyfriend and our two friends.
So today, I found this little blog The Little Things We Do via Hannie from Tea and Biscuits. Basically on Fridays, The Little things We Do hosts a fill in the blank friday. And this Friday I decided to join.
Me: on a typical Friday when it's 43 degrees outside. No makeup, Nike headband, pearls from my godfather, a Old Navy v-neck tee, my heart necklace my brother gave me years ago, and comfy sweatpants.
1. The TV show/website that I watch/read that I would be embarrassed to tell anyone about is I don't really watch too much tv, but one of the shows that I giggle about watching every now and then is Pretty Little Liars. It's so silly, but every now and then I turn it on and laugh.
2. An item of clothing that is worn and torn but that I love far to much to throw away isactually, I don't have one! I'm constantly going through my clothes and deciding what fits/what doesn't and what I wear/don't wear.
3. My grocery store impulse buy ispre-made cinnamon rolls, from anywhere. Living in a dorm makes me miss the little things about home. Like homecooked food and breakfast foods.
4. Something I do at work to pass time that I wouldn't want my co-workers to know about is make lists. I make lists of the most random things sometimes. (This was her answer, but it's exactly the same for me!)
5. One thing in my life that I could give up, but never will is my blog/twitter. I could give them up at any time, but it makes me happy to blog and to post, plus it lets my mom keep up with me.
6. A little indulgence that I have is reading. I love love love reading. Sometimes, it may even get in the way of school. The few books that I have on my table right now to read are books from my little sister. I can't wait to have time to get started.
7. The junk drawer/area in my house is In my dorm, currently, it's my nightstand. I have SO much nonsense/random things in there. But it's not out of control. Yet.
When I first met boyfriend, I was struggling with deciding if I actually wanted to be in a relationship or not, even with such an amazing person that he is. Basically it was a head vs heart situation. After listening to this song, and the entire Mumford CD, I decided to just jump in. (I'm really glad I did).
Hopefully it won't be too hard, and I'll do well. This book is about "a social history of spices, stimulants and intoxicants". It actually wasn't too terrible. I had to read it for my History 1007 class. Although I'm usually a fast reader, this book took me a while to get through.
OH MY GOSH Y'ALL! SCHOOL WAS CLOSED DOWN TODAY AT 4:30 AND ALL OF TOMORROW! That means no work and no school. Why? Because this is Louisiana and the average temperature around this time is in the 50s, at least. Today? The weather is 30, and dropping. AND we're supposed to have freezing rain AND a 70% chance of snow tomorrow.
The weather this week has been crazy, to say the least. Monday, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. No big deal, it was 70. Today, I'm wearing tights, pj pants, baggy sweats, an undershirt, a long t shirt, a sweater, my anarack, a scarf and a head band thing that keeps my ears warm. The temperature....22.