Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baking

To say that this past weekend was eventful would be to say the least. Friday night, after my final exam, I convinced boyfriend to come and bake with me. It's tradition for me to give presents to my friends every year, regardless of the size of the gift. This year, I decided that since there were a lot more people I was close with, I was going to do gift bags of baked goods. I didn't realize at the time how much of a feat this would be. I enlisted in boyfriends help and even called in backup with my good friend A. (Needless to say, the night wouldn't have gone half as smoothly if A wasn't there). We started cooking at about 8 pm and didn't finish till about 1:30 am. However, it still left me two things to bake the next day. 


We ended up making 10 giftbags for friends and one for the boyfriends parents. They all included oreo balls, pumpkin or banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodle cookies, christmas cookies, fudge, mint chocolate chip cookies, and mini spiced raisin muffins. I'd have to say that the night was a success, and the look of joy on our friends faces when we gave them the bags made it all worth it.



No comments:

Link

Related Posts with Thumbnails