Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Exam Help!

So, I don't know about you, but the most awful/greatest time of the year is quickly approaching for me finals week. It's awful because it's finals week, it's wonderful because it means a close to a new semester and my favorite time of all Christmas. Now finals usually sneak up on me, but this year I'm planning ahead. For me, finals count for a pretty considerable amount of my grade so it's good for me to get as much studying done as soon as possible, even if it does mean starting this week. 

Tips for preparing and acing the finals that are fast approaching: 
1. Start preparing now. Luckily enough I'm so insanely OCD that I begin preparing for tests as soon as I have them down on my calendar, which sometimes may mean as soon as I get my syllabus. I was lucky enough to go to a private catholic school that taught me how to study and prepare well for tests. So I start by making myself a schedule of when I'm going to study at least two weeks before I have finals. On top of that I print out all my notes, reviews, lectures, etc. 

2. Stay healthy! Oh dear, just don't get sick. I would rather be sick all of Christmas break than the week before finals week or the week of finals week. So, stay as healthy as you can! Get a full nights rest, especially before your finals, make sure you're eating right and exercising and if you need to take vitamins!

3. Stay organized. The more organized you feel, the better you'll do (at least it goes for me anyways). Print out a schedule, get a desk calendar, or even a hanging wall calendar. Make sure you have all appointments, classes, work schedules and other fun things all planned out ahead of time. Make sure that your closet, desk, room and bathroom are organized. This way you'll be able to find everything you need quite easily!

4. Take a break! This is possibly the most importnat one of them all. Take a 30 minute break every now and then. You don't want to overwork yourself. Make sure you go outside, do yoga or even just watch an episode of your favorite show! 

No comments:

Link

Related Posts with Thumbnails