Thursday, June 23, 2011

To Rush or Not to Rush?

            Deciding to rush was one of the hardest decisions I had to make in High School. I went to an all girls, private, catholic high school. When I say the majority if not 75% of my class rushed, I’m not exaggerating in any sense. We graduated with 211 girls, at least 75 of them rushed at my college only and got into the sororities they chose.

            At first my decision to rush was a silly reason, I wanted to move into the dorm early. I just couldn’t wait to get out the house [now I kind of miss it]. Then when I really thought about it, I came up with the reason I wanted to rush was because I wanted to meet new people. I’m a people person, no doubt, but at that time I just wanted to meet so many new people. Little did I know what the summer had waiting for me.

            All in all, I’m so happy that I decided to rush. I found a great fit with the sorority I’m in now. It may seem silly to think that there’s a huge group of girls that I can call regardless of what time it is for help. Honestly, I wouldn’t trade my experience for the world.

            Something that you must remember though is that you’re doing it for you, not for anyone else. My biggest piece of advice: don’t let others influence your way of thinking. Don’t let them put ideas into your head, because at the end of the day you have to be happy with the decision you made. 

No comments:

Link

Related Posts with Thumbnails