Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Maddness

This is Challenge Week. I fully understand all the things that this entails (such as dressing up crazy, cheers at lunch, and games to get ready). However, this morning, I was not prepared for the traffic. Now, I have to leave my house by 6:15-6:20 if I want to get to school by 6:40-6:45 and if I leave any later than that, I will NOT get to school on time. Well today I'm just driving along, listening to Kid Kraddick In the Morning and all of the sudden as I turn down the street to pull into school BAM. A butt load of traffic. Now, about five minutes later I see all the girls getting out of their car and RUNNING toward school. The first thing that came to my mind...what the hell is going on today...did I miss something? 


Apparently todays the day for Sophomores and Juniors to buy their Challenge Day ticket (given that there are only 500 and there are about 1000 girls). I now fully understand this maddness and reminisce back to the time when it was my turn to line up outside and await to see if I got a ticket. It was freshman year, and I was determined to get a ticket with all of my friends. So, I got to school at 5:00 in the morning, yes, that's right 5:00.(This year there weren't many rules about buying tickets, only that you couldn't be on campus before 5:00). I was about the 40th person in line and scared to death that I wouldn't get my ticket. I remember it begin freezing cold and just standing there for what seemed like hours upon hours. Finally at 6:30 they started handing out tickets. I was one of the last 20 people to get one, and boy was I so happy about this. Every year since I've gotten a challenge day ticket. Senior year, all you had to do was go into the office at lunch and buy y our ticket. No stress, no worries. It was wonderful. 

No comments:

Link

Related Posts with Thumbnails